Thursday, October 26, 2006

zero motivation..........

Well theres not a whole lot to share with you ladies, sorry but life really is boring round here at the moment, very busy - yet boring all the same. Haven't scrapped much, actually only a double of maddy's school sports and thats it - and even thats not really that great, it all just seems flat at the moment. Its like the motivation is gone, seriously, I just cannot seem to bring myself to sit down at my desk and scrap. Its not that the mojo is gone, seems worse than that really.The ideas are there but I don't seem to have the passion to go for it. It has me really worried to be truthful, scrapping is my outlet, its what i do to be me, so if i can't seem to do that then what do i have?? There's so much to be done, i have committments that have to be done and i just cannot do them. Anyone else ever felt like this?? What have you done to help overcome it?? Do you just make yourself sit there and do it or do you give yourself some time off? Have spent the last couple of nights reading, it used to be an old passion of mine, no book would ever go unread in this house, so that is what i turned back to. That has helped keep the mind occupied at nights, its just so quiet here once the kids are in bed. I don't speak after 7.30 at night, there's just no one to talk too and i'm sure it would look really wierd to sit here and talk to a computer screen.
I don't think this is just something that happened over night, its been a gradual buildup over the last few weeks. I can see that I'm not totally into it, my layouts no longer have the depth to them that they used to, quite frankly its been a while since i have done one that i just loved.
A friend and i are having a meet up with some of the melbourne girls from Embellished, we are spending the day at Paperific. Am seriously hoping that something there gives me back the 'need' to come home and scrap something. Maybe a mini shopping trip for new goodies could be what i need - I seriously, seriously hope so.
Well have been tagged by the lovely Micaela so will do that while i'm here as well,

1.Things that scare me:- Car accidents,

2.People who make me laugh:- my kiddos (they're so good they can make me laugh and cry at the same time lol), comedy shows such as 'thank god your here,and the national debate ones with different comedians

3. Things I hate the most:- people mean/cruel just for the sake of it,malicious gossiping, KFC - always (every single time) mucking up my order!!

4. Things I don't understand:- why children feel the need to ask the most obvious questions,

5. Things I'm doing right now:- updating blog and watching clock so am not late to pick up maddy - gonna be late if i don't wrap this up soon lol

6. Things I want to do before I die:- I want to have gone right round australia, to have toured europe, to have met my grandchildren, would love to write a book

7. Things I can do:- Scrapbook, draw/sketch, change a nappy with my eyes closed lol,

8. Ways to describe my personality:-honest,caring, stubborn (very lol)

9. Things I can't do:- can't put a book down midway through a chapter, can't seem to ever get through my 'to do' list, ever. Can't cook a roast to true perfection - always either just under or just over done.

10. Things I think you should listen to: that little inner voice of reason, your children - never fob them off for anything

11. Things you should never listen to:- dismal people - they only try to crush your happiness

12. Things I'd like to learn:- ummmm.... the 'right way' to raise a child lol - anyone got a manual, professional photography, extreme car driving - now that would be fun

13. Favorite foods:- anything savoury - am always game to try something new,

14. Beverages I drink regularly:- coffee or water

15. Shows I watched as a kid:- punky brewster, alf,

okie now to tag someone..............hmmmm -okie Jo and Peta (see if your total opposites like my sister and i lol)


Well it seems even blogger is being a pain in the butt and won't let me upload the only layout i've done - will share it next time.
Okie then - take care and will chat soon...........

7 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Julie.....I know exactly what you mean about losing your Oomph! I went through this a few months ago...in fact ...scrapping had become a little bit of nightmare...Id sit down and just stare at everything...I didnt seem to be able to match anything...everything looked so boring.....and I really wondered if scrapping was nearly over for me. I sort of panicked..a little like you...Id invested so much time and interest into this...how could I just lose the desire overnight. So I tidied my desk and totally ignored everything scrapping for a week or two. I was resured on my Blog...that this happens to other people too....phew!
Honestly after this break away...I was so motivated it wasnt funny...I made a new order of supplies.....I had billions of ideas and my passion and enjoyment had returned ...and is still there as strong as ever. I think forcing it....is the worst thing ever... and it was more a fear of it not coming back than the actual break that bothered me the most.
Sorry to ramble .... but give yourself a little time...you have a heck of a lot on your plate.... you are packing to move and a sole parent at the moment...enjoy reading for awhile...and Im sure your passion will return.
(((hugs)))
Mardi x

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Terri B said...

HI Julie,

i am in total agreeance with Mardi. Whenever I feel I can not make a lO even look half way decent I walk away. Pack it all away & relax doing something else. I alway s find it comes back once my mind is relaxed & not stressing over which coloured card stock to place with which PP.

Enjoy your reading for a bit...I am actually in the middle of a great book, its my wind down time.

*hugs*

Terri xox

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey there J1 like Mardi said take a break for a bit and just di something different for a while and maybe after the fair with some new goodies to inspire you it will all come back to you.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Jules I think everyone goes through this at some stage...just remember "This too shall pass". Like Mardi said...take a wee break...before you know it you'll be back & better than ever :o)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Julie...I realise how hard it must be for you at the moment..you and your family are going through a lot and not having hubby at home would not be helping..frankly I just could not do it, I would go nuts not having Matthew come home to me at night. My heart really goes out to you. I think your layouts are just as good as they have ever been so don't worry about that, but if it is not happening walk away I am sure it will all fall back into place for you. Hope you have fun with the girls from Em it will be great for you.
Have a great day
Joanne

PS thanks for the tag..lol..will get to it soon

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Peta Boardman said...

Hi Julie,
My heart goes out to you..I don't know what i'd do without Daniel, we have only spent two nights apart since we've been together in seven years.Don't worry to much about your scrapping, its a passion you love and it will always come back to you weather its tomorrow or weeks from now..You have alot on your plate with packing for a big move and being a mum all at once.. I applause you for what you have done already.

Big Hugs
Peta

P.S.. thanks for the tag. I've just posted, so i'll get to it next post.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Michelle Roberts said...

Hiya Julie

Just breathe. The best way to get motivation back is to
a) clean everything up and organise everything and
b) ban yourself from scrapping for however long you decide.

It works in the same way you get the urge you to eat chocolate when you're on a diet... it will come when you tell yourself 'no'. Make it at least 2 weeks.

Still read mags, stay online, even get a sketch book and just make up ideas for the day you are allowed to scrap again. Tease yourself.

Hope to see you up here sooner than later.... we'll get you out of your funk.

xx
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home