Tuesday, January 02, 2007

So it ends..........

Well the time has come......this will be the last post i make from down here in Victoria. The phone lines get cut off tomorrow and we make the BIG move in a little more than 3 days.
I would be lying if i didn't say that i was afraid. This is truly a big step for us. We leave behind not only all our family but also all the friends we have ever made. This has become very obvious in the last week with all the calls we have been getting for final meet ups and such. Today i had my last 'girls lunch' with the two chicky's that i tend to think of as sisters more so than just friends. They've always been there to lend an ear if i ever needed to chat or vice verca. It was hard to walk away after only being able to spend a couple of hours with them. It was a good thing we were all wearing our sunnies......it hid the tears well from those around us. My Father also dropped by the restaurant to say goodbye. He had to return to work in NSW a little earlier than planned- it was not the place that i really wanted to say goodbye to him at. It made me realise just how much he will miss out on with the kiddo's. This last year has been a big step up for him being a part of his grandchildrens live's. Rylan adores him and will constantly walk around calling out 'nonno, nonno'and looking for him when he's around.
I can't even think about the rest of the goodbyes we have to go still. I think with each one we have to say, our hearts break a little more. But though it's hard, I still stand behind Steven's decision that this is what is best for our family at this moment of time. So this is my little PVM post..... here i leave all the sadness i have, all the fears i have and any other negativity about this move. My next post will be at the other end of our trip, where we will have started the settling in process. Where we will be starting the next stage of our lives. And yes i am sad.....and yes i am scared.....but also I am excited....i am looking forward to the changes we will make and catching up with the awesome friends we already have up there and the new ones we have yet to meet.


So this is it. Time to log off and continue the packing. Thank you for dropping by, please send us some happy traveling vibes to keep us all safe and the next time you hear from me it will be from the other end and the beginning of our new stage.
Take care, stay safe and will chat again soon.....

7 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ali Russell said...

awww....Julie, I know how you feel! You both decided to move north and I am so blessed that it is Rocky that you chose to move to.
I know that life will be very different here compared to what you are leaving behind...but I hope I can be the best friend to you!
Looking forward to a real (HUG) in a few days.
DRIVE SAFELY!!!!
Chat soon chooky...oh and I will remember to pick up the key...lol...maybe...lol
Ali x x

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Oh Julie, I'm feeling all teary reading this and about the kids saying goodbye to their grandparent. That is so sad! Thank goodness for the internet and digital cameras!!!
Have a safe trip up here and one day we might even meet!!!!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...it is always hard leaving behind love ones but i'm sure there will be plenty of trips back here or families visiting you:)

have a safe trip and hope to hear from you soon!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Some happy traveling vibes are coming your way J1.

Have fun up in Rocky and one day if I ever win lotto I will pop on out and visit all my Rocky Em friends.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Best of luck Julie...and I know exactly where you are coming from....we have made three huge moves since we had the kids...each and everyone of them difficult....but exciting at the same time. You will just collect a whole lot of new friends...you will never lose the ones you have already.
Mardi x

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Good luck with your move Julie. It is always hard to say good bye.

Travel Safe
Joanne

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I wish you all the very best with your move, and don't forget I only live in Gladstone, and I would so love to meet you.

It must be very hard moving and going somewhere new, thinking of you.

Best Wishes
Carole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home