Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mayhem and madness...........

Do you ever look forward to a certain time of day?? I know i do thats for sure - 8PM is such a lovely time for me, by then the kiddo's are in bed and fast asleep. There's not a sound in the house, no talking, no argueing.....nothing, and I have peace for the next three to four hours. Sometimes i get the urge to just talk to another adult but most times i must admit i am quite happy to sit and not say a word. I turn the radio on and if the mood strikes i sit at my desk and work on some layouts with the occasional net surf thrown in. Great way to relax after a hectic day. And i seem to have had my share of hectic days - I've had maddy home for three days with the flu, Nick caught some 24 hour bug friday and threw up in the supermarket, was not nice!! And then to top it off i've just spent nearly two hours waiting at the doctors office for them to fit me in to see Nick yet again.....he has now got - of all things - school sores - poor kiddo's mouth is a mess. But we now have some anitbiotics and some cream to treat it, so hopefully will clear up in a few days time. Only prob is its highly contagious so please keep fingers crossed that none of the other kiddo's catch it. Really feel it would be the last straw for me if they did. So crappy, crappy week here, lets hope things improve.
So as i said, come 8 pm i sit at my desk and i scrap, it helps to calm the nerves somewhat and has kept me busy. I have done a few layouts, but there not anything brilliant unfortunatly. I'm tired and run down and it shows, they are just scrapped layouts - no real depth behind them.
Will share though:
This first layout was done with a pic that i took of Nick at his birthday party - you can see the beginning of the sore near his mouth here, though at the time i had no idea what it was, wasn't till the second one showed up this morning that i thought "gee better get that looked at", bit slow aren't i??

This layout above was done for the newest Elsie challenge at Embellished - to add sparkle to your layouts. I used kindy glitz on colour the butterflies on the pp. Another pic i love that i manage to capture at Nick's birthday party. As for the title of this one, well thats what stuck in my head when i saw the pic lol, so just went with that.These two layouts above were for the current Product Feature at Embellished. DT were given the challenge of using the We R range of pp's with a masculine theme. These were my examples. I have decided to frame the one of my brother and give it to him as part of his xmas gift, he's been really sentimental lately and i think he will like it.These last three are my examples with the new December kit available now at Embellished. Was such a fun and funky kit, perfect for xmas pics but would work so well with other themes as well. Made a xmas wreath up by punching flowers from the papers and attaching to a cane wreath i found at a discount store, love the way it turned out.

Well thats about it from me today guys, think i'm gonna have a lay down while the boys are napping. Will try and catch up again soon.

Take care................

11 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey there J1. Hope things aren't so crappy now. I hate it being sick or having to deal with Asher sick.

Love the pages too. Looking greta as usual.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! layouts galore...i love them all.

i'm the same. at 7.30pm, i can relax.

hope nick gets better soon.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Oh no, not sickies at your house too! Hope you're all feeling better soon! Super work Julie! Love that wreath! Awesome!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Hey Jules hope you had a good rest. Loving the Dec kit LOs...I can't wait to get my kit!!! Hope hte kids get better soon.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
Hope all of the kiddies get better quickly for you, I am with you bring on 8pm...can't wait! Loving all of these layouts but my fav would have to be your First Christmas layout.It is so cute.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Micaela said...

LOVE your latest work Julie - breathtaking stuff!

Hope your kiddos are back on deck soon!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Ali Russell said...

Loving your work right now Julie!! your style is awesome and I CANNOT wait until you are here in a month!!!! YAY!!! So much fun and relax time from the kids is ahead very soon...new start to life in a new place...and wow..I get to be a part of it...I am so lucky!!
Hope the kiddo's are feeling better soon...give 'Nicholas Picholas' a big kiss on the forhead for me!! and one for Maddy too.
Chat soon chook
Ali x x

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

OMG - I totally know what you mean about once the kids are in bed and its all quiet!!
LOVE all the LOs and that wreath - WOW!! I always love your stuff Julie!! (Just need to get here to look at it more often!)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

gorgeous layouts especially your birthday layout!
i too love my me time and its usually after 8pm when the kids are in bed and craig is working..my time

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie I hope everyone is feeling better very soon, your layouts are just gorgeous, I love everything.

Best Wishes
Carole.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Julie... well I think your layouts are just divine.... I seriously love your style and you have been so creative... that wreath is so beautiful as well as that gorgeous Christmas photo of your three cherubs.

I hope the kids are all on the mend now...nothing worse than sick kids... and school sores...Urghh...my 17yo got them a few months back ... who knows where from ...but fortunalty the rest of us remained unblemished...and at least they heal quickly once they are treated.
Hugs to you at this hectoc tijme of the year...
Mardi x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home