Monday, October 30, 2006

MELBOURNE MEETUP.............

Saturday's Melbourne meetup was a total blast. But before i get to that i would like to first thank you ladies for the comments you left me from my last post. I am really thankful for these words, it really has been a great help and put abit into perspective for me. I am no longer worried now that i may be over scrapping, it seems to be something that hits us all at some point, so i will do as you all recommended and take a mini break from it - its already been a week so hopefully if i put it out of my head the bug will bite hard again with in a couple of days.
I really love this blogging network, i love the way we all have a little space to just get what we need to off our chests. I love the way that there are ladies out there that are able to read a little about ourselves and then leave the inspiring comments that they do. The support network is truly just amazing. After the crappy stuff lately over silly things like competitions and such its a big boost to morale to blog hop and see the uplifting comments and praise that we all leave for each other. I know for a fact that the words left for me last post were definetly uplifting and it really did lift my day as well. So my aim now is to try a little harder each day to do the same. I have my favs that i visit regularly - they are in my links. I love nothing better than to pop over to each one and just read a little about someone else's day. So if your not in my link leave a little message for me and i'll do a link up (lol - that is of course if you'd like to link up - not the most sanest person). If leaving a comment for others has the same effect that me reading my comments does then i will be making a big effort to surf round a couple more. Okie will stop the rambling now - really just wanted to say THANK YOU!!
Okie now for the Melbourne meet. What an awesome, awesome time meeting Lorrie and Michelle was. Here's a pic - from left to right - Mel, Michelle,Lorrie and myself. They are a fantastic pair of chickies, there was not one moment of that awkwardness that you sometimes get meeting new people. And the Paperific show was a ball, sooooo much new stuff out there at the moment. So yes i ummmm bought a little bit lol. Steven if you read this then just think how much cheaper scrapping therapy is compared to 'real' thereapy. Fell in love with the Autumn Leaves stamps - the Rhonna Farrere range, but for the life of me i could not find the swirls range.....defentetly keeping an eye out for them though. So yes Saturday was a great day.
As for other news round here, well the kiddos were super good yesterday, really really helpful and just seemed on their best behaviour - so that made Sunday a great day. Rylan has started an extra day of daycare today. So he now goes two days a week. Poor kiddo was just sooo upset when i dropped him off this morning, he really worked himself up and it almost got to the point where i was gonna bring him home again. But the carers assured me that he settles right down within ten minutes and does normally have a great day, will see how it goes i guess. If it doesn't work for him then i will cut it back to one day, but really am needing this extra day especially now that i have to start hitting the packing hard. Thought i'd include some pix of him now and when he was first born - lol no layouts to share and can't have a totally boring blog.
The first pic was taken while we were still at the hospital, he seems so tiny now but he definetly was not a little baby - he was a real little chub at just over 9lb. Though he was the smallest of my three he was the quickest to put the weight on and has always been a little chubber. These other two pix i took the other day. He has just grown up so much, and at one and a half now he is no longer my little baby but his own little man with heaps of personality. He can be extremely stubborn at times (with me as his mother i would expect no less lol) and yet so so sweet, he loves his cuddles and kisses.
Well thats me done for now, will update again soon. Take care ladies and chat soon..............

13 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Hi Julie! I'm glad you're feeling better about scrapping and everything. It can be hard to find a good balance sometimes. Glad you had a good time meeting up with some friends in Melbourne! Gorgeous photos of your little one!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Awww how cute is your little man!! What a cutie of a baby he was too!! They sure do grow up way too fast dont they!!
Glad you had fun at the Melbourne meet up!! Always fun to go the the scrap fairs!! And to meet up with people you chat with!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

HI Ya Julie
Glad to hear that you are feeling better..sounds like you had a great time at your Melbourne meet. Kids just grow up way to fast don't they...he is so adorable though..
Have a great day
Joanne

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Julie...I know just what you mean...this is a wonderful support network...and I think sometimes these friends know exactly how we are feeling....we are all juggling families, work and this incredible passion for sticking photos on paper...lol....other people just dont get it sometimes....thats my opinion anyway!
...and its great to hear you had a lovely time in Melbourne...I bet it was justr what you needed.
Mardi x

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Nicole and Andrew said...

glad you guys had a great time at the show :o) also glad your feelin better 2 weeks out of four im just like that i cant scrap or much else either.
cute pics :o)

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Oh man he's a cutie!!! Glad you're feeling better & loving the pic of the paperfici meet-up..I'm totally excited about the retreat in April - I can't wait to meet you all!!!!!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Glad you are feeling better J1. You are an awesome scrapper and I miss seeing your stuff.

Sounds like you had a ball at the show and your little man is sure growing up quickly.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

oh Julie I hope your feeling better about your scrapping, I have days where I really dont feel like it cause the boys are playing up, and making me angry, but a short break is a great idea.

you are right about blog land, though there are some out there that like nothing better then to upset us, thankfully most of my readers are lovely, and leave wonderful supportive comments, AND like you I love reading them

No he is a baby no more! LOL they grow up fast dont they, my youngest will be 2 in a bit over a month!!! cant believe it

Stay well! ((HUGS))

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Ali Russell said...

Those pics are great Julie!
I hope you enjoy your one 'day off'....Good idea!
Chat soon!
Ali x x

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Micaela said...

Hey Julie, glad to hear you're getting out of your funk, sounds like you had a great time meeting up with the girls!

Love the pics of Rylan - too cute!!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Peta Boardman said...

Hi Julie,

Glad to see your ok..I bet you girls had a ball in Melbourne..

Have a great week
Peta
P.S i miss your scrapbooking too..

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please to see you had such a great time, I know what you mean about scrapping, it can be hard sometimes. Great photos.

Have a great week Julie.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

wow lucky girls for having a meet up...
I always love baby photos, you have to wonder where the time goes when you look back,,,they grow sooo fast...
glad you had a great time at the fair...look after yourself and happy packing..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home