Monday, April 16, 2007

Don't ever give me.............

......a pair of scissors with the expectation of being able to cut hair effeciently. Seriously......I totally suck at cutting hair. I thought i'd be able to trim the top of Nick's hair as it has gotten a little shaggy over the last few weeks. Really didn't think it would be that hard - WRONG!!!!! I ended up have to shave the poor kiddo's head, and let me tell you that poor boy does not have the right type of head for a shaved look. It has just made his little stickout ears look even more stick out!! Lucky he's at an age where it doesn't matter to him, he just told me he looks like that boy from nieghbours - lol, he was talking about 'Boyd' I think, so i just went with that and said yes i was making him look spunky like the boys on tv LOL.
Even little man Rylan didn't escape the wrath of the scissors. I was unsure of what setting i normally run the clippers over his hair, for some reason i really thought it was a number two so went with that. NOPE, i do not use a number two, i actually use a number four. So poor boy has hair so short you can see the whiteness of his scalp through his hair. My poor, poor boys. Not sure if i am game enough to take a pic to share, will see if i can manage it by the next time i blog. LOL, Maddy said she needed her fringe trimmed, this is something i normally do for her, but after the fiasco with the boys I told her she was probably better off waiting for another day - can you imagine poor Midskie with a shaved head..............not a good look for a little girl LOL.
Well the older two are back to school tomorrow - YAY!! Not that i haven't enjoyed spending extra time with them for the Easter break, its just that its been soooo much extra time LOL. Did manage to get them out of the house a few times in the last week and they ended up being pretty peaceful days for all of us. The one big think i noticed on their time off though is that they LOVE to annoy the crap out of each other. Seriously, why do kids get so much enjoyment out of peeing each other off? Nearly sent me bonkers........ well more bonkers anyway. So am looking forward to school tomorrow. The house is in dire need of an thorough tidy up, and to be honest i just need a little extra peace and quiet i think.Hmmm hope that doesn't make me sound bad LOL - but as a mum i really value quiet.
On the scrapping front have been kinda busy and kinda in a couldn't be bothered mood, really weird actually. One night i got like three layouts done and then i didn't feel like scrapping again for days, just bludged around at night. But is good to take a mini break every now and then - well thats what i told myself anyway. Here are some of the layouts I've done:

Okie better leave it there, little man has just woken from his nap and better get lunch happening. Take care and will chat again soon - hopefully i am game enough to share a pic of the boys next time LOL.

Julie xx

8 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

You are one brave woman Julie - wouldn't be game to do the hair thing. Did it once and it was a total disaster - can cut paper straight, but hair just seems to have a mind of its own, I just don't go there anymore.
Your Layouts look terrific - you never cease to amaze me at how quickly you can put them together and how stunning they look.
Enjoy your peace and quiet over the next few days and spare a thought for me as I go back into all the chaos.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Lali said...

Oh the you poor thing, I couldn't cut a straight line if it killed me LOL but hey it is hair and it will grow back.

I totally agree about the kids annoying the crap out of each other and the one place where it annoys me the most is the car :-[

Great LOs as always and I taken you theory of just doing the LO and it is working so thanks did one this afternoon in an hour and that is a major accomplishment for me.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

oh know what you mean about holidays,,grrrr..and as for hair i learnt a long time ago thats why god made hairdressers,...to stop people like me causing children greif...lol...dont worry it does grow back..lol..thats what i always told the kids..lol
scrapcat

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Micaela said...

Oh dear, and I was just thinking today how much I need a haircut, LOL!

Looooove all your new creations Julie, and I'm so glad to hear someone as talented as you has slack days too!

Enjoy your kid-free time, I've certainly enjoyed mine, but it all comes to an end tomorrow!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts Julie and I'm with you about the kids and bugging each other my 2 boys were/are exactly the same on holidays and most of the time..lol..and luckily hair grows back so don't worry..

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

OH wow, love these LOs Julie!!! Im with you, cant wait for school to go back, my boys are fighting so much lately.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Lali said...

Your tagged :-)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
I managed to totally stuff my DS hair about 6 months ago, so I can sympathise with you. It ain't as easy as it looks....lol.
Loving all of your creations again. I so love you style!
Best Wishes
Joanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home