Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Anyone giving out some spare time by chance???

Well it seems that I have gone AWOL again over the last couple of weeks. I always have good intentions of keeping up to date with things but sometimes it seems that no matter how hard I try I just tend to fall behind with it all. But I am here to update now ......... finally LOL.
Wow, now to remember all that has happened over the last couple of weeks.
First up the biggest thing - Embellished's first ever retreat has come and gone this past weekend ...........and what a truly awesome weekend it was. The company was the best you will ever find hands down!! It was great to be able to get away from home for the weekend - not that i didn't miss my kiddo's, but it was great to get a little break from it all. It was just a blast and so FULL ON!!! Seriously, I don't think I have ever felt as tired as I did Sunday evening, could easily have flaked for a week i reckon. BUT MOST FUN I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME FOR SURE. So thank you to all the ladies that attended and a HUGE thank you to both Ali and Ang for all the hard work that you guys put into it. Unfortunatly i don't have any pix (gasp!!) but you can see the ones Ali has uploaded to her blog here!! I don't think i have laughed so much in a long time.
Second big bit of news from the last week is - that Embellished will be opening up a shopfront right here in Rockhampton in the next couple of weeks, it has been so exciting to watch this develop over the last couple of months. I wish both Ali and Ang all the good fortune they can handle ........... I know that this store will do awesome, I have seen a little of their plans and a little of their stock range and all i can say is : ROCKY BE PREPARED!! This will definetly be one shop with the lot.
This will also give me the opportunity to continue teaching at the new shop, with plans to teach two classes a week - am totally looking forward to it. So I have been busy busy getting to work on about six weeks worth of classes so that all will be ready on opening day to book straight into the classes that will be run - both Ali and Ang will also be teaching ............Inspiration will abound from this store!!!! So if your planning on visiting Rockhampton you must stop in and see the new store - will be opening 16th May. More details will come after or closer to opening day.
So have been busy with the class layouts, am also working on a few projects for a couple of the mags. So scraping has kept me busy lately. But my general home life has also been busy around here. Maddison's school work has stepped up a couple of notches and so am trying to help keep her on track with out overly frustrating her ...........trying LOL. Rylan seems to be going through a growth spurt i think, always hungry and crying at night because his legs are bothering him, am thinking he might be getting some growing pains in his legs - actually that reminds me that i need to pop out and get him some panadol for tonight. He has been so restless through the nights these last few days - we are both in need of a decent sleep i think.
Well thats about all i can remember at the moment, still working on catching up on sleep from the weekend. Can't leave you with any recent layouts unfortunatly but here are some I did a couple of weeks back. First is just a double to take care of all our Easter pix and the next two are both layouts for the BTB journey at Embellished. If ever you are in the need for inspiration then just check out the Beyond the Blue gallery at Embellished - some serious, serious talent and inspiration happening in there.
Till next time (not too long hopefully), take care
Julie xx







3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lali said...

The more I hear about this retreat the more I am envious and at the same time can't wait for next year cause I am gonna be there. Your LOs are amazing. Can't wait to see all the stuff that is going to be in the shoppe. Hope you have a better night sleep tonight, I can sympathise with the restless nights Casey has a bit of a cold and is totally wingey at night too.

Chat soon.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Terri B said...

Julie you continue t astound me with just how much you get done in a week.Loving those LO's chicky.

I am with Lali, the more I hear about the retreat the more I wish I had gone. Spent some time with Sares this arvo & talk about laugh, my stomach is still tender from laughing so much at her stories of the gecko.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I wish i knew where to get some spare time too Julie!!
I am totally loving your LOs Julie!!! You are so talented!!
I wish i could have made it to the retreat too cause it sounds like it was a blast!!! Maybe next time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home