Sunday, July 16, 2006

SCRAP AWAY!!

Well not much has happened here in the last few days. Worked Thursday, Friday nights and all day Saturday. Although have been scrapping up a storm last couple of nights due to the challenges set by Lorrie this month for Embellished's Cyber Crop. Started 7pm Friday night but couldn't join in on all the fun till after ten when i finished work. Let me tell you those girls were chatting up a storm, no scrapping for me was too busy chatting till like two in the morning LOL. So needed a sleep in but didn't get much of one, steven woke me to let me know that he was taking the kids to macca's for breaky - how could i miss a great chance like this to spend time together for breakfast, very rare occurance at our house. Then was off to work till eight that night and then the scrapping began LOL. Lorries first challenge was the sketch challenge, it was just a brilliant sketch, though my layout didn't really end up looking like it LOL. So was up till about three last night, finished the single and double layout, not a bad effort for me. And i love the way they both turned out. I think its all about the photos, i mean really good photos, something i still have to learn how to do, would so love to take proper photography classes. One day maybe. LOOOOOOVE the pix of maddison on the double layout, she is just gorgeous - trying at times I admit - but just a beautiful little girl, and she does try so hard sometimes to be good and helpful but being six is not easy lol,and very short attention span is not a great mix.
Have a busy period coming up now, my to do list seems to have grown with nothing actually being done on it. I have my first class this thursday for Hobbysew, still have a couple more kits for Scrapgenie to get through as well and then there are the Gin X papers that were in the DT kit from Embellished that i am just DYING to get my hands on for some fun. These papers are just the funkiest and totally suit me to a tee, will be fun to play with. Here's a link to check them out at the Embellished shoppe (just go into 12x12 papers and theres a Gin X category)
http://www.embellished.com.au/shoppe/
My fav of the bunch are the 'take a vacation' range - the yellow, orange and green ones. Used a little of them on my 'Rock Star?' layout, but am itching to use them again. As you can tell by my 'r' layout am still lovin these paper flowers, are just soooo easy to make and look fantastic on a page.
Well thats all from me for the time being.
Till next time
take care,

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Didn't know you had a blog! Another one to add to my ever-growing list of "must reads". Love your work - I didn't get much of a chance to check out people work on the retreat.

Jess

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

hiya Jess, how you been??
lol at the blogs list - have you seen how small mine is, but am only new to it all so once i start figuring out how to add them i will then LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home