Sunday, July 23, 2006

CRAPPY WEATHER IS SCRAPPING WEATHER



What a fantastic day - has just been a blast!!!
Had a little sleep in (10 am lol), which i needed since i didn't go to be till nearly four this morning.....oopsies LOL. But i was just in the mood to scrap last night. Started and finished the 'YOU' layout bout my hubby. I realized that i had never scrapped a layout just soley about him - very slack of me i know. But i love this pic and i am happy with the way it came out. So was just doin a little net cruisin after finishing and then was just struck with wanting to scrap another layout.... mind you this was well after midnight, really should of been going to bed not starting a layout....but i really wanted to d
o it and i wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway so out came the stash again lol. Really like the way this one come out as well, alot more playing on this one. Used the bit you push the flourish out of as a stencil with the paints, messy but fun.
Weather was REALLY crappy when i finally got up today so not much that could be done - EXCEPT SCRAP LOL! Steven has been just brilliant today - he has kept the kids occupied most of the time and just left me to scrap. Was just unsure of what to scrap though, so while chatting to miss ali asked if she was in for a challenge- we decided to go for a one hour challenge - hmmm yes, very challenging for me........i am the slowest scrapper lol. So we printed off our photos and then it was ..READY...SET.....GO!!!!! We did run slightly longer than planned but hey that ok, it was still a heap of fun and WAYYYYY challenging. The 'when i grow up' layout is the one completed in just under an hour an a half. I like it......simple yet still eye catching i reckon. Mind you somehow i forgot to put in the top line of the journalling, was looking at it on line after uploading it thinking something not right - DER .... missed a whole line of journalling. Butwasn't hard to add it luckily. Ali and I had such a ball that we have decided to make it a weekly thing - putting a call out in the forum on a sunday for others to join us. Strictly ONE hour - layout done and uploaded. Actually we were both so excited that we put the call out for the first one this arvo, at around four. Thanks to lorrie and terri for taking up the challenge. We all made the five o'clock deadline and again HEAPS OF FUN!! My 'so eager' layout was a bit more simpler this time but i still like and am feeling a little proud to have made the deadline LOL.
So i reckon i must of set some sort of personal record of layouts scrapped in a weekend. Four is a fantastic effort for me.
So thats it for me, my mojo has been seriously overworked but am definetly pleased with the results. whilst i have been a great scrapper today, i have been a somewhat slack mummy so am off to spend some time with the kiddo's before bed.

till next time,
take care

3 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

Oh your work is amazing Julie, and i know that feeling..when you gotto scrap you gotto scrap..doesnt matter what time it is..lol

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi julie, I just wanted to come and say hi. I am on the DT with you - Scrapgenie, and I love your style, I am so pleased our layouts are up on the gallery now, they all look awesome, and I am having so much fun. I would love to link you to me blog, if that is alright.

Best Wishes
Carole.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hiya Carole - thanks for the lovely comments - the DT work for Scrapgenie has been heaps fun so far, and is great to 'meet' you. Am happy for a link up if you don't mind me linking also. Thanks again and catch up soon hopefully

 

Post a Comment

<< Home