Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Little sports action.......

Well another week has come and gone - they are just whistling by arn't they?? I'm happy to share that this has been a great week for us here - definetly a turn around from last week for sure. Same as always though - have been flat out I know but now that I'm sitting here and trying to rethink the week I really can't seem to recall what exactly it is that I've been doing, lol I have such a terrible memory.
Have been working on next months kit for Embellished - so that was keeping me busy most nights. Have also almost done my projects for my first all day workshop next month - will share them as we get closer to the date.
The kiddo's had their first sports day yesterday. Nicholas was sooooo excited to take part in it. He is so full on into his sports and it's hard sometimes to reign him in a little and explain that sometimes its fun to just enjoy the games and not get so competitive over them .....lol, I don't think I'm exactly the best role model for him on this topic - I too tend to have a little bit of a competitve streak at times, but am working on it slowly. Maddy too was looking forward to the day - it's not so much the competition for her but more the perfect excuse to go flat out and burn some energy off. Both kiddo's were totally exhausted that evening - slept well for sure. Here are some pix from the day (HUGE THANKS to Ali for the lend of her camera ...much, much appreciated chicky!!!!)
Here's a couple of Nicholas - he won third place for his sprint race. Unfortunately I missed both the kiddo's sprint races as I didn't get there till about 10.30 with Ry, would of loved to have seen them run.
Don't you just love Nick's sprinkled little face. A little while back I was havin a chat with him, and as we finished I said 'love you kiddo', he turned around and asked me 'even if i have freckles mum??' All I could say was 'even more so because you have them kiddo'. He is just the most beautiful soul this little man of mine.

Here's a couple of pix of Maddy from the day. She was soooo intent on the game, her eyes were on that ball the whole game lol. But she had a ball and thoroughly enjoyed it. She too won third place for her sprints - having those long legs of hers has got to be an advantage. You can see just how tall she is compared to the other kids in her grade - she is easily a head height above most and she is still growing!!

And here's a cheeky little grin from my little man Rylan - isn't he just adorable ...... grubby face and all LOL. He loved going down to the school and watching the kids - was quite content to sit back in his pram and watch all the games going on. I gave him a hair cut about a week or so ago - a cute little mohawk - just trimmed the sides a little shorter than the strip along top and back ...... couldn't quite do the bald side look lol. It suits him to a tee - he really is such a little personality at the moment and I'm loving it.
Have some layouts to share - these first two are just some fun/for me layouts. First one is using some new KI papers - they are actually from their petshop range but you wouldn't know .....they are so cute!!! Second layout is using the new Basic Grey papers. Love both these layouts.
Here are my latest DT layouts for Scrapgenie. They were made using the Blue Cardigan Designs - Yesterdays - range of product. Can I just say that this range of papers and accessories is just GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful colours, very soft and aged, if your LSS doesn't have them in ask for them - yummy, yummy stuff and so very easy to use.
Since I loved them so much I used some of my favourite photos with them - really really happy with how these layouts turned out.

Okie well that's it for today, it's late and I need to hit the sack. Oooh forgot to mention ..........GOT MY CAMERA BACK TODAY!!! YAYYYYYYY!!! LOL, does feel good though to have it back in my eager hands.

take care and will chat soon

Julie xx

8 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOO GLad you got your camera back Julie!!!! LO's are awesome chooky!!
Chat soon
Ali x x

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Awesome pics and pages J1. I to am glad that you got your camera back.

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love those pics of the kids! soooooooooooo cute :) the layouts are FANTABULOUS! MY goodness!!!!! Love them :)
Glad this week's been a better one :)
Lus x

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Yes...as usual..Ive read your blog at work...and now Im all inspired!!!! and theres nothing here to scrap with other than paper clips and office paper...lol
You seem to create an amazing amount of fabulous layouts Julie...you are miles more productsive than I can ever imaghine me ever being...whats your secret???...email me...hehe
Mardi x

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Julie you really are an inspiration. Just love all your layouts - amazed at them in fact. Love coming to visit to see all your beautiful work. So pleased to hear that you got your camera back - I would have been so lost without mine too.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Angela said...

LOL Had to giggle over your "Seriously, For A Shoe?" SOmething my little one would do. Love that you captured an everyday event as such.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Wow! Great pics and you're rockin' the layouts!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Beautiful, beautiful pages Jules. Sounds like the kids had a great time at there sports carnival, one thing I used to love at school.

Anyway take care, hope your don't get this dreaded flu that's doing the rounds.

Nicxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home