Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Month ........

Well it's almost the start of yet another month, so that means New Kit time at Embellished. And this months kit is a doozy - a great excuse to get a heap of layouts done for that special man/boy in your life. But will get to that in a sec.
Some exciting news to share ......the Heard family is hitting the road again!! Yep, we are travelling down to the Gold Coast this Friday for five days of action and fun at all the theme parks - man am I looking forward to it .........well we all are really LOL. I love our family getaways - a chance for us all to spend a heap of time together in a fun place. Yes, we're always buggered by the time we get home, but those days away together are just heaven - and I know we really just need some time together as a family - so stay tuned, I'm sure my next update is gonna be full of pix lol - what kind of scrapper would i be if it wasn't??
Have been out today with Ali and Luke for some play time at Crazy Jokers - an indoor playcentre here in Rocky - was a totally blast. Ry was so tired when we got home and he's crashed in his room for a nap at the moment. Thanks Al and Luke for a fantastic morning.
Other news .........today is the last day to register for IDOL at Embellished. This was a blast last year and the layouts were just amazing!!! So if you are thinking about it, or think it sounds like a great excuse to scrap then SIGN UP!! You have till midnight tonight and the comp kicks off tomorrow - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? GO .....SIGN UP NOW .......IT WILL BE A BLAST - and there is a fantastic prize up for grabs. I'll even put a link to the sign up thread to help save you time LOL - SIGN UP HERE. There are already 64 sign ups for it - is going to be a blast for sure!!!!
Okie onto some layouts now:
So have had a play with this coming months kit, it was the perfect excuse to scrap up a storm for my little man Nicholas. I noticed a little while ago that sometimes Nick tends to be overlooked - hopefully I have now helped balance things out a little for him. The first layout was a bit of a girly spin to show that though it may seem really boyish, the kit can still be tweaked to be used for girl layouts.

looooove this layout - yes its pretty simple, but it's a little message to nicksta about the special place he has in our family as the middle child ........it's a pretty important spot to have don't ya think??


finally got round to scrapping the pix of Nick's first buzz cut - my gosh I nearly cried when I had to shave his head - I will never, I repeat ....NEVER..... attempt to cut his hair again.


So there are the Kit layouts - hope you like. I managed to do six layouts and there are still enough papers left over for me to do easily another three or four layouts - so definetly papers galore in this one.

The next couple of layouts are my samples for the Elsie challenges i run in the forum. First layout is for the 'ribbon cluster' challenge and the other is for the 'scrap your fav. food' challenge. How yummo do those scones look?? MMMMMMM.........scones.....



And this last layout was just a muck around/play layout. It started out totally different to how it ended up lol - but isn't that always the way? It was mainly a green and white background but then I suffered from a major case of the 'overdoits' and well, it ended up like this = still like it though, and am glad I finished it - was gonna pull the photo off and redo it at the start.
And this is just a super quick double I did the other night when Steven booted me off the computer for a game he wanted to play - the cheek of him LOL. Figured if we are heading to the coast again then I better scrap some of the pix from our last trip there at the end of 2005.

Well that's all for me this week. There's a stack of clothes to be organised and put away that is calling my name ....... where are some earmuffs when you need them? Thanks for dropping by and will catch up again soon.

till then, take care


Julie xx



10 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger ~Cat~ said...

Wow Julie,

Awesome LO's!! Wish I could scrap as much as you do, and havve the photo's as well! LOL

Gave a great time on your little holiday too, sooo envious! ;)

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Awesome page J1. I love them all.

Enjoy your holidays.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

WOW! You've been busy and they're all amazing! Love the one with the new BG!

Thanks for dropping by my blog too! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with a coffee and a visit with a friend. I just wish I could come down there and have a visit with my one of my best friends in Queensland!

Have a great day! I'll be checking out your blog again for inspiration!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Karen L said...

Julie looks like you and Ali had a ball at the Crazy Jokers today. You certainly got some great photos. You are amazing - love all the layouts you have shared. I honestly don't know how you do it, but I love what you produce.
Have a great time on the Gold Coast and enjoy your time together as a family, Can't wait to see all the photos.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wow, incredible layouts.... LOVE your style!!!! Enjoy your vacation!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Julie, sister in law Julie Heard here. I finally remembered to google myself.
Great job with scrapbooking spreads, love the one of Damon.
Will have to visit this site more regulary. Hi to rest of family.
Seeya
PS: have a great holiday!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Belinda Venables said...

OMG Julie...I love your layout shares! You are such an inspiration.
Have a fab. holiday. I look forward to seeing those yummy holiday snaps soon!
Belinda
xx

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
You have been a busy girl...love all of these layouts.
Hope you guys have a fabby time down at the Gold Coast. Can't wait to see your pics.
Joanne

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl your stuff is INCREDIBLE!
I love all your layouts :)esp that carousel one!
I love the letters on the 'special place' layout...are they collections? you've inspired me to scrap a layout like that for our liji....always seems like he's having a rough trot being *middle child* :( thank you for the nudge to get that done for him :)
Have a fab time on holidays and thank you sooooooooooooo much for your constant inspiration!
Lusi x

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger scrapwitch said...

great kit,fab layout ..love to read your words julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home