Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SC layouts............

Two posts within days - lol, I must be feeling motivated. But the reason I wanted to blog today was because I finally got my hands on the latest copy of Scrapbook Creations, have been hanging out for aaaaaages for this issue. I had quite a bit of work in it - five layouts for a paint feature, three for a Spring journalling feature and two just in the quick grabs galleries. So I was all excited to get it home and have a read through. Open it up, flicking through, flicking through and then saw my first feature ...... was so disappointed. The printing colours were totally skewiff!! It's like they went overboard on the orange ink. So just wanted to share all the layouts in their original colours, believe me, the kiddo's did not need extra bronzer added to their skin lol. So here they are:
The paint feature -

The Spring journalling feature - The two layouts in the Quick Grabs section - This layout wasn't in the mag - it was done for the Colour challenge competition they had not long ago. Had to chuckle when I got it back, normally I like my layouts bottom heavy yet this one sits up near the top - must of been having my own skewiff day that day lol. But I like it still - love the colours and the pic is one of my fav's.Okie, well that's all for today - just wanted to share.

take care and will catch up again soon

Julie xx

21 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Lali said...

Well all of those LOs are gorgeous great ideas and techniques.

LOL about your skewiff day.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Terri B said...

LOVE those LO's Julie!! Sensational work as always!!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Sar said...

Beautiful, beautiful layouts! Thanks for visiting me, Julie...I've added you to my bloggers list, hope thats okay!

Cheers,
Sar

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Gorgeous layouts Julie - pleased I saw them here - its disappointing the way the mags are not getting the colours right with the layouts. Happening too much lately. Julie I honestly don't know how you do it - your layouts are amazing

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Woweee..... Your LO's are just gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations on having so many in one issue of a magazine!!!!!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Wow! I'm hoping a little of your fabulous mojo wears off on me as I haven't been scrapping for a bit!

Hey, if you want something else to spark you, come and check out the cyber crop at www.scrapperie.com!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Genevieve kerns said...

Wow! I totally LOVE em all!!! I cant wait to check out the mag next time im in the scrap store;) Keep up the *amesome* work!!! ♥gen

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Julie said...

wowser J1 just love all of these pages.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie you are a legend! Love these layouts!!!!! COngrats on so many in there - the more of you we see the better off we are - the more we learn, the more our eyes are totally delighted!
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
Happy belated birthday too mate for last week!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know they stuffed the colour up but your work still looked absolutely gorgeous - you are soooo talented!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger LisaW said...

Hi Julie - I thought there was something wrong with the mag - I didn't think orange was that popular (lol). Your layouts look 7000% better here and are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats. Lis.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

I saw them all in the Julie, your LOs always inspire me, I cant wait to get back into some scrapping now!

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on all those pages.. i loved reading the mag, but yes, WHAT WAS WITH THE COLOURS? And they seemed a little blurry and not quite right in general.. How disappointing.. But i knew they would be knockout pieces anyway!

Love the inspiration you bring!

Maz
xxx

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger karen e said...

WOW simply stunning LO's

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

Oh my goodness...the scrapping goddess does it again...love your work chicky.
I havent got my sc copy yet...so I cant compare...but they all look absolutley fabulous here...
Mardi xx

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS work Julie! Your work is always inspiring to so many of us and you should be so proud of your feature in SC this month.
Thanks for coming around today!!!
See you tonight!
Ali x

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ALL YOUR LAYOUTS ARE JUST FANTASTIC!JUST LOVE EM!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger ~Cat~ said...

Congratulations Julie!! Look at all those LO's!! you must be so proud of yourself.

Need to get myself a copy now so I can have a good squiz at the articles.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

WOOOO HOOO you rocked this mag Julie! You know how much I adore your work!
YOU ROCK!!!
XX

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Lynette van Barrelo said...

Yep! ok! I'm a new stalker. I'm also a fan. I've had the same experience but your layouts look great anyway! Love the bottom one too.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

They look fantastic Julie, such a shame that SC had an orange overdose.

Nicxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home