Wednesday, August 08, 2007

BUGGERED!!

Well, after five action packed days we are home. Very tired from the long drive and all the walking around that we did but still on a high from all the sounds and fun from our get-away.
We spent Friday arvo and most of the evening in the car on the 8 hour drive down to the coast - chuck in quite a few toilet breaks as well lol. I think we arrived at our unit at about 10.30 that night. The place we stayed was just gorgeous!!! We got really lucky on a last minute deal and it cost us less than a $100 a night - BARGAIN!! They were double story Mediteranean (sp?) style self contained units set on a mini island - so we had gorgeous views of the lake from all our windows - was a very relaxing place to come back to after a full on day to just chill and prepare for the next day.
Saturday - we decided to head to SeaWorld to check it out -we've never been before, and it was just awesome!! LOOOOOVED the dolphin show - they are truly magical creatures aren't they? They are a whole lot bigger than I thought they would be - so very graceful.
Ry loved the Polar bear - I think he could of stayed at the window watching him for hours.
Nick loved Shark Bay ..... he was in awe as to the size of the sharks they had swimming around in the tanks. He was quite impressed that he could easily fit inside the belly of them LOL.
I finally tackled a ride that I am forever putting off - the giant ferris wheel. This one goes up 60 metres into the air but all the booths are closed in with glass, so I didn't think it seemed too scary .....WRONG!! Seriously, I was crapping myself - there is no elegant way to phrase that LOL.I think the only reason I managed to contain myself was because there was another lady and her son in the carriage with us - couldn't let her think i was a loony LOL.
A GREAT, GREAT day though: On Sunday we decided to head to Movieworld - this is one of our fav places on the Gold Coast. Don't think I could ever get tired of visiting it. It's always exciting to bump into the characters as you walk around the park. Rylan was a little scared when he meet his first one for the day - Daffy Duck - but he got used to them after a while, and everytime we bumped into one he would run up and give them cuddles .....he is just the cutest. There are not too many pix of him face on with the characters - he would run up and give them a big hug, say goodbye and then just walk off LOL. He was hanging out to see Batman, but unfortunately we never got round to seeing him on the day ....... missed him by a couple of minutes at one time bugger it.
Steven tackled the Superman ride - guy's nutso I reckon lol. I stood beneath this ride and man is it huge! At one point it just drops straight down ....you'd never in a million years get me on a ride like that. I did tackle the kiddy's Roadrunner coaster thought - that was scary enough for me.

Monday - the last themepark on our list was Dreamworld. This place is huge, but we managed to cover the areas we really wanted to see in the one day. Walked through the Big Brother House - that was really cool. It is sooooo much smaller in real life that what you see on telly - they must use wide angle cameras for shooting I think. It was hard to imagine that sixteen adults lived together in such a little place - I would go bonkers within the day or two. By day three we discovered that Maddy is a little adrenelin junkie - she tackles all the big rides and there wasn't much that she walked past. I went on one of the little coasters at DW with her and my gost I think i was deaf by the time I got off - her screams are just ear peircing lol - but as soon as you get off she's wanting to go around again.

Nick is a little more sedate - quite happy to stick to the slow little kiddy rides in the Cartoon network area. The Wiggles farmyard was a big hit with the kiddo's as well. You can handfeed the animals there, even Ry was ok with the little animals eating from his hand - too cute.

Tuesday - we were going to do another half day at Dreamworld to fill sometime before coming home, but decided to head to Pacific Fair shopping centre to walk round and check out. Steven took the older two kiddo's to see the Simpsons movie at the Cinema and Ry and I just walked round looking at all the shops they have there - shame I didn't have a little more time here, so many gorgeous shops to look through.

So there is our getaway in a nutshell. TOTALLY AWESOME time away for us all. Drive home seem to take forever - we were all a little tired and a little grumpy - but give us a day or two and we'll be back in the swing of things - hopefully LOL.

Oooh, photo tally from the trip was just over a 1000 photos, so hopefully I'll have enough pix to keep me busy for a little while. Was able to pick up a 2G memory card at Movie world for only $70 - which is really a reasonable price i thought - also saved me the stress of trying to find somewhere to burn photos to disk to clear up room on my other cards.

Will leave you with this layout that I did up for a sample of the sketch challenge for Embellished's CC the past weekend.

Thanks for dropping by and will catch up again soon

till then, take care

Julie xx



12 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Ooooh how jealous am i!!! Those pics look like you had sooo much fun!!! Awesome pics too!!
LOVE that LO too Julie!!
$70 is pretty cheap for a 2gig card too - especially somewhere like movieworld where you think they would charge heaps!! LOL!!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

OH WOW what a holiday! love the pics Julie, even the one in the BB chair!!! I am just about to pick me up a 2gig card too, $70 sounds pretty good

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Mardi said...

It sounds as though you have had a fabulous time Julie...I love theme parks...and I LOVE rides!!....so its cool seeing all your photos...
Mardi x

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are home!!!! MISSED you!!!
Thinking of a scrap get together on Saturday ....what you think???

Chat soon
Ali

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Would love to get away, you lucky thing. Don't worry I would have crapped myself too, hate, hate hate the Ferris Wheel. Would go for anything fast and furious over that. Yuck.
Good pick up on the card too.

Nicxx

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Wow! Sounds like a great time and I love the picture collages! You ricked that layout as well!! Look forward to seeing more layouts of your holiday too!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds awesome julie! i LOVED the gold coast when i went here a few years ago! walked through the bb house and was also amazed at the tininess! really doesnt seem that small on tv! no wonder they get irritated with each other - lol, living on top of everyone!

gorgeous pics and i cant wait to see them scrapped!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Sounds like you guys had a awesome family time together. So glad you got the chance to get a way for a few days. The photos are great- and I am looking forward to seeing all the layouts with them on. We haven't been to Movieword in ages, sounds like we need to go again soon too.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow awesome pic...so much fun!!! Love that LO too Jules...
Can't wait to see all the LOs you'll create with these fun family pics!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

AWESOME pics Jules!! Can't wait to see them scrapped. Looks like you had an amazing time!! Glad to have you back :o)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

Hi Julie
Sounds like you had a great time away. Wow a 1000 pics looks like a heap of new layouts to come then...lol.
Your layout is so cute.
Best wishes
Joanne

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Terri B said...

WOW Julie...loving all the pics. I was just looking at them & it struck me how grown up Maddy is looking...gorgeous girl she is.

$70 is a great price...they are still around $100 here at Hravye Norman's I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home