Monday, August 20, 2007

GOOD,BAD AND THE OH SO TIRED......

Well my mind is just moosh at the moment, so hopefully if I go with the title categories above then I'll be able to make some sense this week lol.
First off the good from the last week.
Maddy aced her spelling test - she was so excited and proud of herself. Should of grabbed the camera out to capture the smile on her face as she showed me her test ...but just wasn't thinking at the time.
Steven has heard word at work about a change in work schedules - should this go ahead then he would be one of the first forkies in line to choose his days, thus elimenating Saturday shift - yayyyyy!!!! Fingers crossed that this evolves into more than just talk.
Both the boys - Nick and Rylan - are back to full health and sleeping through the night again. lol - this will also feature in the 'BAD' category.
And finally - the big 'GOOD' news for myself is ........ last Tuesday I recieved a call saying that I had made the shortlist for the Masters comp!!! WOOHOO!!!!Was so excited and for a second there just dumbfounded and couldn't speak. Now apparantly it will take a little while before the next stages - so will have to keep myself busy and not think about it. It is the first time I've entered the Master's comp though, so that may prove a little difficult lol.

Now for the bad this week.
First Nick came down with Fevers at night. Was fine through the day, but come evenings he just went down hill fast. Five nights of little sleep for him and the scary part was that every night he would go through a stage of what I guess are delusions. He'd be crying out and trying to 'get away' from whatever it was he was seeing - really scary stuff. He went to the Doctor but they put it down to a viral infection and his body trying to fight the bug off. Lasted five nights and then he was fine.
Then Ry caught it. So again, another five nights of no sleep - think I saw 3am most nights before I could finally get him to settle and in a good sleep. Nurofen was a great help with the temps and such, but it's hard to sit there and see a child freaking out about something that you can't see - he too was seeing/talking something when the temps were at their peaks. One particular night after giving him a dose of nurofen his temp spiked even higher - got to the stage where I was putting shoes on for a hospital trip and then when I came back to get him he had finally fallen into a good sleep. Was still quite warm but he had settled for the night, so I decided it should be fine and then just crashed into bed myself.
And now finally, me. Seems I too have got what the boys have had. Last night was just crappola for me. Temps, headache, couldnt' sleep - don't think I was doing any of the delusion side of it though - well hopefully any way. So that is night one down for me, just another four to get through. It really was like clockwork with the boys - five hard nights and then nothing, so hopefully should do the same for me.
And so that leads into the 'oh so tired' category. After so many sleepless nights with the boys - they overlapped for a couple nights there, which helps i guess - and now not being well myself, I am about as buggered as they come. Wish I could sleep through the day to make up for it, but with Ry home it's just about impossible - and besides, am thinking it should help me to sleep better at night if I'm tired.
So that's my week in a nutshell. Really am excited to make the shortlist ....... lol, at this moment though I think I could 'almost' trade it if they promised me a week of non stop sleeping.
Here are some layouts to share.
A couple are older layouts that I never got round to sharing - think they were 'maybes' for the FK ET call up ('sweet perfection' and 'Never doubt'). A couple were done at the end of last week. The only one I have done in the last day or so is the 'doughnut' layout - and that's pretty basic and simple. It's my sample for the latest Elsie challenge I've put up in the forum at Embellished.
So not alot happening round here scrapwise. But thats ok, cause my mind is moosh and it really couldn't be bothered LoL.

take care and will chat again soon
Julie xx

10 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

Julie I hope your all better soon!! nothing like sick kids, then getting sick ourselves.
on the plus side though these are more gorgeous LOs!!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats on the Masters Jules..my money is on you chicky! Hope you are feeling better really soon!
XXX

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Lali said...

WOW a huge congrats to you chook on the top 100 can't wait to see the LOs.

Hope you are all well soon and hope Steve's job works out just the way you want.

Great LOs to by the way

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness mate! what a week -sorry to read about all the sickies...totally understand that feeling!
And HUGE congrats on hetting shortlisted!!! Your work is AWESOME and you already are a MASTER to me!
And those layouts in this post and in the last are incredible - so much to look at - thank you for all the inspiration ;)
Love lUs x

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger scrapbook CAPITAL said...

hope you are back on your feet in no time julie.. Sending you big hugs. Get better soon...

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on Masters Julie!!

Hope you are feeling a little better ...will catch up sometime during the week!!!

Chat soon
Ali

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Terri B said...

COngrats on the Masters Julie!!!!

Big CONGRAT to Maddie for her spelling test!!!

Sorry to hear the kidlets have been sick. Take care & of yourself so you dont get sick too.

xoxo

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Congratulatins on the Masters Julie - I think you are one already. I love your stuff. Secondly I hope you are feeling heaps better and are soon over this awlful sickness that seems to have hit every family that I know. Hoping you hear good news soon to about Steven's work - how cool would it be if he didn't ahve to work Saturdays anymore.

Finally gotta say I love your layouts. They are truely inspiring. thanks for always sharing with us Julie.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Mardi said...

Well congrats on the Masters shortlist Julie...fabbo news... entirely not surprising though...lol
Love your layouts...they are always inspiring...lots of fun and pure goodness..
sorry to hear your family has been unwell....
Mardi x

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

woohooo big congrats on the masters..i bet you cant wait its very exciting! hope though your feeling better soon, i know how you feel and there is nothing worse than a mummy being sick..so get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home