Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Back to school they go........

School holidays are finished and the kiddo's went back to school yesterday. Maddy was quite excited to be going back - she's been missing her school buddies. We weren't as flat out the second week of the hols as we were the first. I really wanted to tackle the potty training with Rylan and figured would be heaps easier if we just stuck round the house and focused on it. He's really picking it up good. He'll sit there no probs..... will sit there for ages actually lol ....... the tricky part we're having is in actually getting him to tell us that he needs to go - at the moment we're just sitting him on it every hour or so. There is a pic or two of him in the photo collage below sitting on his potty - man does he dwarf the thing lol, his chubby little butt hangs over either side ... he's just too cute!!
Maddy decided she'd like to learn to cook this past week. Fair enough I thought, we've all got to learn at some point. So I figured a cake mix would be a good place for her to start on her own. She was quite serious about it lol - if one of the boys came in and started talking to her she tell them 'out of the kitchen please, I'm concentrating'. She did a great job with her cake .....was quite delish!! And she even passed the mixer over to the boys to lick after finishing ..... thought she was being kind till she said she'd just have the bowl to lick instead, lol - she's not a silly child.
This has been the best ever school holidays for us. We normally all end up cranky by the end of the two weeks - not this time. I really, really enjoyed the kiddo's in the last two weeks. I know we're always supposed to enjoy our children lol, but normally school hols will push me to my limits. Not this time!! We spent heaps of time together, plus I got to spend heaps of time one on one with them as well - which is not easy to do sometimes. The house is so much quieter with the older two back at school, which is not a bad thing but it is a little sad and Rylan is missing them both already.I woke up Sunday with a sore throat and seriously I just sat in bed and nearly cried. I thought that I was getting Toncilitis back yet again, and I just couldn't deal with it for a fourth time. But the throat didn't get any worse throughout the day, just a little sore - plus I had runny nose and sneezing - so was just a little Spring cold I caught. Still made me tired but no where near as bad as the tonsils cause. Feeling heaps better today so have shaken it I think. This has just been the worst ever winter for me - never have I been sick as much as this. But it does make me look at my lifestyle a bit and see what could be causing me to be rundown enough to catch the bugs, so am making some changes that will result in a more relaxed and healthier environment.... have also rediscovered my love for oranges lol ....YUMMO!!
Have been scrapping a little - have scrapped six layouts in the last week. Can only share three of them though as two are for class and the other one is a layout that SM asked me to do for their Aussie gallery coming up.


Well that's all for this week, thanks for dropping by and will catch up again soon.
take care,

Julie xx

6 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Been stalking your blog for an update seen as though we haven't seen much of you lately. Really missed you at the crop the other night but i suppose you were busy.

Hope that your choices to imrove your health really help and work for you. I hope you still are able to make some time for friends too.

Catch up soon
Ali

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chcicky.. glad you are on the mend too! I was at the docs yesterday as I have been sick onstantly all year and he told me that its been the worst year for this type of thing, but hopefully its trailing off now!

Loving all your recent work too, its sooo divine and ALWAYS inspires me!

Maz
xxx

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Hey Jules...gorgeous to see little Ry on his potty! Have tried a couple of times with Rave...might give it another go next week - see if he clicks LOL! Good on you for making healthy choices...I've got good intentions but always make excuses- although I have been doing really well this week :o)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Julie hope you are on the mend, and all the best with your life changes- I need to make some also, like early nights.
Glad to hear that you have had a fabo time with the kids during the holidays, I also was sad to see them end (wonder why)
Beautiful layouts as always, you never cease to inspire me with your beautiful work.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Glad you all enjoyed your school hols ... that choc cake looks delish!
Hope you are on the mend and feeling better.
Lovely LO's ... you work is beautiful!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hey Jules,

Got Charlotte stuck into the potty too. Is going great, thankfully.

Been a bad winter for me too, always seem to have a cold or THAT flu. glad everything is going now.

See you next weekend (20th)

Nicxx

We'll be in the Aussie gallery together too. I've got one in there too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home