Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Having a blast!!

The first week of school holidays have just flown past for us. Normally we go a little crazy and get a little agro with each other but I have kept the kiddo's really busy this time and it has worked like a charm - I think we've had the best holidays ever so far!!
I think I mentioned in my last post that they'd both made a list of all the things they'd like to do over the hols - lol, they lost their list within a day of writing it. We still did the doughnuts and milkshakes for lunch one day though - though we swapped the milkshakes for kiddie capps. We've been to the beach a couple of times, been to the Botanic gardens a few times, visited the Rock Pool water park once (going again this wednesday), hung out at the local shopping centre for a couple of hours of shopping and people watching, spent a morning at the local library.
This past sunday we were invited along on a bbq with some of Steven's workmates and families. We drove up to Byfield state forest to a little place called Upper Stony Creek - and it is just BEAUTIFUL. It made me feel like I was back home in the Vic mountain area of Bright, not the town, but the area surrounding it. The creek flows down to an area thats been set up for swimming, and the water is so clear. There is a pretty area set up for bbq's under these really tall pine trees - was just so relaxing. There is also a camping spot there with these cute little sites all fenced individually - gonna have to try them out I think, have really missed our camping weekends.
Gonna share a funny little story - was NOT funny at the time believe me lol. Ry was standing at the edge of the river, wasn't deep where he was but a few steps in the rocks slope down to a fairly deep part - well for him anyway, and they are really slippery. So he stood up to come back to the side and started to slip on the slopped rock towards the middle. I didn't panic just strode over pretty quick to grab him .......... and slid all the way into the middle myself lol - I did manage to keep Ry's head above the water though. So there's me in soaked jean shorts and t-shirt for an hour car trip home - very uncomfortable! Though the guys did tell me at least it was a pretty graceful entry sliding in the way I did = not much concilation believe me. Here are some pix I took, doesn't that river just look gorgeous!! Now being the start of another month that means that it's new kit time at Embellished. Here are some layouts that I've made up using the kit.As you can see, it's pretty versatile between boy/girl layouts. This will also be the last kit I work on for a little while, am having a bit of a hiatus from my DT spot - takin a little time out to just do nothing I guess. I've had my spot for well over a year now and I feel like I've grown a little stale if that makes sense - so hopefully with some time off I'll feel a little more fresh.



These next two layouts were done just before I fell sick - just never got the chance to share them. Nearly broke my sewing machine on the first one - not sure if you can see it on the pic, but i hit one of the little brads with the needle and it got stuck - lol, it definetly did not like that!!


These next two are ones that I've done in the last week - haven't really felt like scrapping much. Have been reading heaps at night - will often look up and realise it's like one or two in the morning. Have also done a couple of Scrapgenie layouts, will share them next post.




Well, that's all for now. Am planning on a much quieter week this week so I can tackle a little potty training with Ry. He had his first day in those trainer pants yesterday - think I'm gonna need to buy quite a few more pairs. He soaked the three I had in less than half a day. Ended up putting him in Nick's jocks after that, couldn't believe that they fit his chubba butt so well!! So day one didn't go so well. But he did use his potty today - unfortunatly I was in the shower so once he did it he then proceeded to tip his wee onto the rug!! Little turdskie!! Am hoping that by the end of school hols he's got the drift - fingers crosssed.

thanks for dropping by, will catch up again soon
Julie XX






12 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ad you are having a good week with the kids Julie, We have missed you around the shoppe! the layouts are gorgeous as usual! enjoy your break and I hope that you feel refreshed in your scrapping again soon!
Chat soon chicky
Ali x

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Lali said...

Gorgeous LOs Julie, have missed seeing your stuff.

WOW what a fun filled week and I would have loved to see a photo of you after your little episode LOL.

Hope you start feeling refreshed soon with your scrapping.

Chat soon
xx

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those layouts are just spectacular Julie - I love them! Sounds like you're having a ball on the holidays! Sounds so scary what happened with Ry! OMG I'd be freaking! Love checking up on your blog - your work is always so inspiring!
xxJillGG

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those latest Lo's are gorgeous Julie - you reallu have a knack of making things just look RIGHT together.
I would have likd to see a pic of you in your wet jeans though - even though Ry slipping in was a bit scary. And it's good to see you getting out and having fun chook.
Take care,
Sares xx

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Julie ... from one Julie to another i thought i would pop in and say "Hi" instead of doing the usual lurking!! LOL!
You have obviously been very busy ... your LO's are gorgeous!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the holidays with the kids Julie, and oh my gosh what a fright having Ry fall in like that. Must admit would have loved to see a layout done on you both re this.
Your layouts look amazing - they never cease to inspire me - don't take too long a break, but sure hope the break you take is refreshing and relaxing. Thanks for dropping by blog and encouraging me also.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Anthea said...

WOW, look at those LOs Julie, GORGEOUS!!!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Love those pages hun, and how devine is the creek, never been there and I'm a local. You still going to Laurens on the 20th. Will see you then.

Nicxx

Oh when you Ry trained send him here to train Charlotte, ahhh she is exactly the same as him.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Karen Knight said...

wow these pages are awesome

i am a bit of a lurker just wanted to drop in and say hi

have a great day

hugs
kayla

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hi Julie,

Yes, I am commenting instead of stalking! Comfy lounge too, BTW! haa! (inside joke)

I love all of the layouts but I can totally relate to the 'two is better than one' one. Love the colours on that one too.

I hope you have a nice break, refresh yourself and then blow us all away with more masterpieces!

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger scrapwitch said...

omg julie you high priestess of the scrapping mediums babe..i am left breathless by the magic you create ...
stunning layouts ,magnificant photos ,detail,design and utter beauty..love dropping by your space ..i must come back more often

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JUlie !!
discovered your blog through comment left from EverydayGarbage and ...looooooove your pics they are soooo cool and for all your LOs....oh myyyy what can i say ....they are awweeeesome !!! love them love them love them all !! Thanks for sharing and i'll for sure be back !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home