Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Busy, Busy!!

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!

It has been absolutely full on here. So many things on the go and for a little while there I was feeling just a little overwhelmed and thinking I might have overjuggled a bit. But I am slowly roping it all into order and getting on top of it to find balance again.
First up .....I said a little while ago that I was taking a little time out from my DT position at Embellished......I have decided to make the time out permanent and step down from the team. So many, many thanks to Ali and Ang for having me as part of the team - I have enjoyed my time there emensely! I have met some of the most fantastic ladies in my two years there and it has just been a blast.
But all things come to an end and it's just time for a little change I think.
Have been having fun just scrapping for no reason in particular. Have had an offer for guest designer so that will be fun. Is just for a layout or two - no hassles/limits or anything so that will be cool. So keep an eye out for them in the near future.

Now for my BIG news. Remember last post I said I was looking into a course for study. Well the course was Certificate III in Children's Services. Spoke to the Director at Ry's daycare about options and she pointed me in the right direction for info and with an offer every now and then of relief work whilst doing my course. Hmmmm, every now and then hey?? LOL - She asked me to come in last Wednesday for relief work and I have been there every week day since. This week alone I have like 30 hours. This is brilliant as if I do at least 12 hours a week for three months then my course is subsidised and is less than half price - BONUS!! So from an idea to almost full time hours in a matter of days ......how lucky is that. And I have been just loving it there. LOL - ok a room full of 2 to 3 year olds can be a little full on at times but seriously it has been just fantastic. Plus even when I'm at work I get to spend time with little man Ry - though to be honest he does ditch me to go hang out with the other people lol. Has been tiring though adjusting to 8.5 hour days - has been quite a while since I've worked days as long as these.

Saturday I headed an hour down the highway to Gladstone to meet up with Lauren, Nicole, Anne and Carole. Must admit was a little nervous - meeting new people is not something I do easily lol. But they were just a awesome group of ladies and I really did have a brilliant time there. I did a lot more chatting than scrapping - in fact I didn't even finish one complete layout LOL. But I have finished it now, will put it up further down the post. I did have to leave a little earlier than the others as I had the hour trip back home - but am definetly looking forward to catching up with the ladies again soon. Thanks for a great time guys ...BIG THANKS to Lauren for being a superb host .....the roast she cooked up for dinner was just DELISH!!
Sunday we lounged around for half a day doing nothing, got bored so decided to head out on a mini road trip after lunch. LOL - we are so not organised at times. We decided to go and check out Port Alma - bout half hour down the highway. Unfortunatly after a really long drive down a winding road we were meet with locked gates. Apparantly its a restricted area - so nothing to see there lol. Though we did get a mini lesson in on the way - the road runs along side salt fields, was really interesting to see actaully. So back to the highway where we decided to head back down to Gladstone and then on to Tannum Sands which is such a pretty place with the cutest little playground. Kiddo's had a ball on the flying fox, even little Ry got in on the action. Got home pretty late though - but was a great day. Here are some pix from our day:

These are just some pix I grabbed of the kiddo's the other day - love them!! Totally gorgeous!!
Okie onto layouts from the last week. My days may have been flat out but the nights are still my own. Managed to get my hands on some of the new My Minds Eye papers - both the Bohemia and Kaliedoscope ranges - absolutely delish can I say!! The first two layouts were done using these papers. The second layout is for Aussie Scrapjack - this is my jack of Megan Stephensons layout.


This next layout was done for the Everyday Garbage challenge blog. Was to use items from your handbag. Have really enjoyed the challenge blogs this week - kinda gets you motivated to get back into it.
LOL - just realised how buggered I look in this pic - not that flattering at all really lol. Oh well, such is life.
This is the layout that I didn't quite get finished Saturday. I came home and added the journalling and bits to the right of the photo. This is my 'poor' little man Rylan in time out after yet another episode of pushing buttons. He knows the rules - he just likes to see how far he can push them. And then seems totally mystified after getting called on it. LOL - he'll be the child to give me grey hairs I bet.
The next four layouts are Scrapgenie layouts.
Love the Daisy D's range and had a total ball coming up with these two layouts. My fav's I think.These two were made using Pebbles Inc - My Girl range.
Love this pic of Maddy - she is just adorable. The big butterfly came from Gloria Jeans coffee shop. I picked them up a little while ago - they were using them for fundraising - you just made a donation and you got to keep a butterfly - they are huge!!Well that's all for today - no doubt I've forgotten half of what I wanted to share but that will do for today I think. It's late and I really need to get to bed. Thanks for dropping by and will catch up again soon.
take care
Julie xx


14 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Great pages J1. Good luck withthe childcare thingy. I love working with children although some people think I am crazy.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job Julie!!!
Thankyou for all the work over the past 18months that you have done for Embellished. Please don't be a stranger, as I miss you being around!
Chat soon
Ali x

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Anthea said...

love the LOs and piccies Julie!!

good on you for following up with childcare!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger AngC said...

Hi Jules!!

I commented before but it didn't seem to work... I'm new to this whole blogging thing! LOL

Anyway, it's funny how things fall in to place isn't it? I know you'll enjoy your new job.
LOL about Port Alma!

See you tomorrow!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Congratulations on the new job Julie - it is pretty amazing how things work out hey - I am pleased that you are going to do something that you really want to do.
Amazing layouts too - always love checking out your work.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hmmmm.... 2-3 year olds for 8.5 hours... You must be one AMAZING woman! I would need some kind of sedative... a patch maybe... yeah... you are amazing!

Well, yes you are! because you can pump out many a gorgeous layout over the space of one week!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, you had a great Sunday, I just slummed around the house.

Had a blast getting to know you some at Laurens on Saturday, and the page looks gorgeous. Amazing what a few things does to a page. Did some tweaking when I got home too.

Fantastic news with the job, and miss seeing you around so much at Embellished,

See You

Nicxx

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger jilly said...

Julie I'm just exhausted READING your blog! Huge congrats with the job - how awesome!!
Now your photography - its is breathtaking...
Now to your scrapping - you COMPLETELY spin me out - everything is just so dang perfect!
Love everything!
xxJill

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Ann Lederhose said...

Hiya! Love your pages here Julie. Was great to meet you at Lauren's...it was a great night wasn't it?! Hopefully we'll all be able to catch up again soon.

Sounds like you have some exciting changes underway...congrats!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Woweee... Totally FAB layouts, and I LOVE your photos, just gorgeous!!!

Well done one your job, I think its great you get to work and spend time with your little man at the same time. Good luck with it all :)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger LisaW said...

You must be a superwoman Julie! All those layouts and working at a daycare. Good on you for following your dreams - child care workers are soooo important - we adore the girls at our centre - our kids always come home happy! I really love your handbag contents bag - very creative!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie !!
well...what first ?? Looove your take on the Everyday Garbage LO, and the other LOs as well, just as beautiful !!
looks like you've been busy as well and how fun to meet up with ladies with the same passion !!
and good luck on your study !! i think it's so brave of you...i feel it would be just too much for me (don't think i could do it again !) and wish you well for this !!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Karen L said...

Hey Julie just thought I would let you know that you have been tagged. Visit my blog for details.
Karen

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger scrapwitch said...

oh my lordy julie...everypage sooo interesting and a feast for the scrappers eye...i love your pics ,your choice of product, your layout and just about everything...
thanks for your encouragement and comments on my blog...
i wish i could meet ya ...i get a lil nervous also

 

Post a Comment

<< Home