Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gettin closer...........

Another week down .....and another week closer to Christmas. It's rushing up like a speeding train isn't it?? Cannot wait for our roadtrip back home to visit everyone and to meet the new bubs. We've met Brylie - my sisters bub - but there is still Damon (Steven's sister's bub) to meet and little Montana (Sarah's little one). They will all be close to nine months by Christmas.
We've had a bit of a busy week here. Kiddo's settled back into school really well.
Maddy had a haircut ....lol, should say a hairhack. she lost a heap of hair. She used to be able to reach it behind her on her back, now it barely skims her shoulders. But I think it looks awesome and she's really happy with it - best part though ..... no more arguing in the morning over finding hair ties or brushing knots out. Certainly has destressed school mornings.
Rylan copped a black eye at daycare. Had the carer ring me to say that there'd been a tussle over a toy and that Ry had a little mark near his eye. By the time I came to pick him up in the arvo it had swelled to a full black eye. The worst thing though is that if people do comment on it it is usually to say - 'oh well, boys will be boys' - really pees me off actually. I don't expect my boys to be rough just because they are boys and I most definetly do not think they should be 'proud' to wear battle wounds like this. It's healing slowly - is at that yellow-y stage at the moment.
On Sunday we headed to the Botanic Gardens for the Arts in the Park day they were having. Was total fun. There was all these free activities for the children to participate in and keep them busy. All three kiddo's got to screen print their own t-shirts with the logo for the day - they are too cute!! There was also a couple of camels there for rides if you wanted. Now Ry has never seen camels before so he was quite taken with them. LOL, everytime they went off to take people for rides he'd stand there crying for the 'mamels'. So I thought ok then, we'll put him on with his Daddy for a ride - he'll like that if he's so interested...........NOT!!! The kiddo screamed blue murder when we picked him up to put him on, so no camel ride for him lol.
We also did a little duck feeding whilst at the gardens before heading home for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Have also spent the last week really thinking about what it is that I want to do once the kiddo's are all at school and I think I've made my decision on the path I want to take. It's not concrete just yet but the more I think about it the more excited I get so I'm heading up the the local uni/tafe here on Wednesday for some more info on courses and such. Will let you know how I go with it all next post - lol, don't wanna jinx myself just yet.


Now onto some scrapping. Have had a busy week with my scrapping. Most nights you'd find me in my scraproom hunched over my desk. Is good to have the interest for it back again.


This is a big canvas that I did for the Everyday Garbage challenge blog. The canvas measures 60 x 40 cms. The challenge was to use items found in your bathroom. Used a hairspray tin and a cologne bottle lid to stamp onto the background. Used an old toothbrush to flick paint across background and to swipe edges. The green flowers are made from makeup removal pads that I painted and cut into their shapes and the green flower centre is made from cotton wool buds. Was a fun challenge and I really did enjoy adapting everyday items to my work. Love the way the way the canvas turned out and think I might get a frame made up for it.
This next layout was done for a photo swap. Photo was sent to me from Maz - is a pic of one of her friends. I find it hard sometimes to scrap other people's photos as you don't know the details behind the pic - so went with a general theme for this layout. Was really happy with how it turned out. Hope you liked it Maz.These next few layouts are just some layouts from the past week. Love the photo on the 'teach them how' layouts. Maddy is really getting her own sense of personality now and you never know what she's gonna pull out when you point the camera in her direction lol.




This last layout was done for a sketch challenge. The sketch is a Becky Fleck sketch I think and when I first saw it I must admit that I thought it would be easy enough to follow and alter a bit along the way......was a bit harder than I thought lol. So whilst there is a little bit of a difference it does still resemble the sketch quite a bit, but it's done now and I'm happy with the end result.

That's all for this week guys. Thanks for dropping by and will catch up again soon.

take care
Julie xx

11 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Sares said...

wow! Those latest LO's are a real treat Julie - you are on the edge of a new style and I can see it emerging and it's a real priveledge. Why don't you try reading "Art In Australia" mag for some inspiration?
Sares xx

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang Julie, these layouts are fantastic! I just love the new direction you're taking!
xxJillyGG

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Karen L said...

Wow Julie, I am loving what you are doing at the moment. I really love the last few layouts, and I especially love the way you really do capture the everyday things with your kids. I reallhy love your new direction too.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Julie said...

great pages and pics J1 love maddies new cut.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!WHERE DO I START? ALL YOUR LAYOUTS LOOK AMAZING!YOU HAVE CAPTURED SOME AWSOME PICS TO SCRAP.I LOVE ALL YOUR JOURNALING AS WELL.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowww looks like you too are busy !! and OMG !!! AMAZING....STUNNING....FANTASTIC LOS there !! fabulous work Julie !! :)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger LisaW said...

Julie, your pages rock! I really like your "this is never okay" lo. I agree totally - you can't just brush bad behaviour aside with "boys will be boys".

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Absolutely stunning LO's Julie, Your photo's are lovely!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Lynette van Barrelo said...

Ok... at what stage was your mojo AWOL? Your stuff always looks 'on top of it' to me! Love it!

It would annoy me with that 'boys will be boys' thing too. I hope you poke them in the eye while their foot's falling out of their mouths!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

oh Julie awesome as always..especially love the b/w photo swap layout,,is that digi art on it or a rubon in the red..looks awesome and would love to know what kit it is from or what rubons..

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am in awe of your talent Julie - you have such a gift and i really adore you work so much because your heart comes through in every page...your style, flair, creatvity and of course your love for your family.
i leave here inspired everytime.
every
single
time.
thank you for that!
love lus x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home