Thursday, August 03, 2006

sharin some work


Well there's not a whole lot to update about from the last couple of days. Have done a layout for Scrapgenie, just have to take a pic and will share it next time, the range of papers are more me so am having heaps of fun with them.
Ali and I have been setting challenges for ourselves the last couple of nights. First night was a photo swap challenge, she scrapped maddy and i scrapped lukesta. Was heaps of fun and really liked what i came up with here:
Have used Urban Lilly papers and think the brown spotted one is a CBX paper, am really lovin the spots at them moment - they are everywhere!! Totally love the layout Ali did for Maddy, is just gorgeous!!


Last nights challenge, when i could finally think of one, not easy finding a topic/theme to scrap, was an OTP challenge. So i started on this shadow box thingy that i've had sitting round for a while now. Found it in the Reject shop and thought it would be pretty cool to alter, unfortunatly its just been sitting in the same spot for ages till last nights challenge. Have used the Chatterbox papers from my Embellished DT kit, i think they work nicely with the white background, well i hope so anyway. Was fun to do and i like how this has turned out as well, not as hard to do as i thought it would be. Is good to have something to keep for myself, most things like this that i alter are usually gifts, but am slowly building up a few nice things for myself.
So my news from the other day is that I'm going to be the 'Artist in the spotlight' for Scrapbook Creations in issue 37..am soo excited. LOL, i did say its probably not a big thing to some but i am excited by it and can't wait!!
Well that all for now
will chat again soon.......

8 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger ~Cat~ said...

Wow Julie, that's awesome news! Am deffinatly buying that issue! :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

WOW!!! I totally LOVE that BTP Julie - I have one of them!! You make me want to scrap mine!!! LOVE yours!!

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you going Julie, I received a box as well, unreal hey, its so much fun Designing for Scrapgenie, love the layout just gorgeous. Congrats on SC and your BTP is awesome.

Carole.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger jilly said...

Great news to you Julie! Your work is stunning!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Francine Burgess said...

woohooo.spotlite artist!!! how exciting..cant wait to see it!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Anthea said...

WOW Julie, thats fantastic news!!!

love what your doing too!!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Hi Julie! Just stumbled across your blog and thought I'd drop in and say hello - after all we are on the DT together (wait till I talk to Miss Carole for not telling me you had a blog!LOL) So, it's lovely to meet you! Hope you are enjoying working for Scrapgenie as much as I am!! Love your altered window box thingy! Gorgeous!! And what a super find! I would love to link you to my blog if that's ok Julie??

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Nicole and Andrew said...

woo hoo congrats on the mag spotlight Julie
lov the shadow box

 

Post a Comment

<< Home